Monday 27 May 2013

Anime by Jazmyn


I am writing about anime, which is an animated medium of cartoons from Japan. Most people think cartoons and anime are all the same but they aren’t. Anime is usually made for teens, while cartoons are made for children. The reason why anime is meant for older viewers is because children might not understand some of the situations that happen in most anime. Other reasons that anime is for older audiences are that most anime has violent and dramatic scenes that might not be suitable for younger viewers. An example of a dramatic situation would be in the graphic novel Black Bird the characters deal with relationship problems, such as a love triangle.

I really like anime because of the graphic design, but all anime does not have the same design. The designs differ because they are all by different people; therefore, they’re unique in their own way. Another reason why I like anime is that there are a lot of genres to pick from, like action and fantasy. Anime is mostly about the plot or the storyline, but anime authors and illustrators also put a lot of work and detail into the characters so you can understand their personalities. A character I really like is Rei Miyamoto from High School of the Dead because I understand how she felt when she lost one of her best friends when a zombie apocalypse broke out. If that happened in the real world, I would be very upset, and I think I would feel the same as Rei did.

By the time you’re done reading my blog post, I hope you would like to give anime a try and experience it in your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment