Tuesday 12 February 2013

Cobras By Emma


Cobras are amazing but you rarely find them. Cobras are my favorite snake, but I haven’t seen one at a zoo or the wild. (I recommend not trying to find one because they might bite and they have venom in them). I wanted to see one in a zoo, and when I did see one, its cage was very small, so I didn’t really like it (but the snake was cool). I have seen lots of snakes before in other zoos, but they were in much bigger habitats. I never found out why the cobra’s cage was smaller. Now I am at a new school that at first didn’t have a mascot. The whole school voted on a mascot and it was a cobra! (And yes, I did vote on the cobra.)

What I like about cobras, and why I’m writing this is that when cobras are born, some of the eggs and baby cobras (first born cobras) get eaten by their mother, although some get away and live on their own and try to survive by themselves.

Cobras are a great mascot because cobras are strong, brave, and they never give up. (In my opinion.) Even though cobras are fierce, they need protection too. (So do NOT ruin their habitat.) We (the students at JRC) also need protection just like cobras. I hope you enjoyed my little talk about cobras. (I am a cobra a Callwood cobra!) 

Cobra image by Kamalnv (Own work) [CC-BY-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment