Tuesday 26 February 2013

Birds by Micheala

Budgerigar-strzelecki-qld
Hi, I’m Micheala. I’m going to talk about birds. Some birds can be pets, but if you have them as pets sometimes you have to clean out their cage weekly or sometimes earlier. Birds need water and food to live. Some birds live outside. There are a lot of different kinds of birds like cardinals, blue Jays, and finches.
I used to have a bird, and it was a budgie. When I got it, we were saying random names to it, and when we said “Coco Loco,” he looked at us, so we then named him Coco Loco.  He’s green on his wings and back, and his face is yellow. He was only my bird, so it was sort of hard with school and everything to keep him clean and take care of him.  I wanted to teach him how to speak. Through the couple days with I have had him, when we played the songs “We are never ever getting back together” by Taylor Swift and “Call me maybe” by Carly Rae Jepson, he would chirp the whole time.  We had to turn it up really loud, so we could hear the music over him. If you put your hand in the cage he would freak out and fly everywhere, but he was getting better when we put our hands in his cage.  Soon we would have been able to put our hands in the cage, and he would land on our hand and we would be able to take him out of the cage. The cage he is in is only big enough for one bird, so if we get a second bird we will have to get a bigger cage or get a second cage. We got him from my mom’s one friend Jason, who got him from a lady. When Jason got him, he got two other birds, so he was good with other birds.  
 I like birds because they are interesting. They are interesting because you can learn a lot by having one, and once they get older you can teach them how to do tricks and to talk. You can learn that they need to have attention, and that they need to be fed a lot. You can also learn that if it’s cold outside and the door has a drift coming through it, the bird can get sick and die.
This is all I can say about birds. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment