Friday 22 February 2013

Glitch-hop by Evin


Hi, my name is Evin! I would like to write about my music. I’ll start by saying that the kind of music that I make is electronic music. To be specific it is called glitch-hop. Glitch-hop is a combination of hip-hop, dubstep, and funk. I really enjoy working on songs; in fact, I spend most of my time at home working on my music. I started when I was 10. I bought a really basic music production program for my computer. At that time I was just learning how to do basic stuff, and I did not know what did what, so I just turned random knobs until I liked the sound of it. When I was 11, I found a real music production program. When I say that, I mean a music production program that somebody like Skrillex would use. Don’t believe me? I’ll show you a video introducing the FL Studio’s features. It is called FL Studio 10. It took me a while to figure out how it worked, but I did. I bought FL Studio 10 for 300 dollars when I was 12, which is the age that I am now (It took me a while to save up). Click here to go to FL Studio's Website

When I work, I have my own way of designing sounds. I do not use the common sounds that everybody uses in dubstep. Almost every dubstep producer that I find uses those sounds, and because of that, every producer sounds the same. I like to listen to music producers that have their own signature sounds and basses, like Koan Sound, a music producer that I get lots of inspiration from.
Hope you enjoyed reading my post. Check out my YouTube channel here and listen to my music

No comments:

Post a Comment