Monday 22 April 2013

NHL 13 by Tristan C.

Today I’m going to be reviewing NHL 13 for Xbox 360. NHL 13 is a hockey game with tons of game modes like Be a GM mode, Be a Pro mode, Online Versus, and plenty of others. The gameplay is in bird’s eye view, but with the Be a Pro game mode, it’s in 3rd person. They updated the skating in NHL 13 from NHL 12, and the skating is much more realistic, but you can’t make sudden movements or you would have to much momentum and fall down. They also updated the goalies on how they move around when making desperation saves and poke checking. But they did not update the bots, which is really annoying because it’s really easy when you are playing against them. The bots do not play their positions correctly, and your goalie is a bot too, so you can score the same way on them over and over again. That is really all that is wrong about the game.
I really enjoy the online team play, because when you have a good match, you get experience points, which allow you to upgrade your player’s stats and make him better. You are able to customize your character on how he looks, his name, size, weight, and number; also you get to make a team with your friends and play against other online teams with the same skill level. I like to play Online Versus because you get to play one versus one. You pick a team and play against your opponent, and if you win, you get experience points and level up. I really have fun just making plays finding out new dekes, figuring out new ways to score, or making cool saves as a goalie.
I really enjoy this game, and I give it 8 out of 10. I gave it 8 out of 10 because the bots really bring the game down, and I hope they upgrade the bots of NHL 14. Also, I suggest that people who haven’t played NHL 13 before get to try it out, because if you like hockey, I bet you will like this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment